Re: Driving School Proposals

Dennis Wrote,

"Everyone should be
responsible for themselves, and if they are out of control the chief
steward
or driving instructors should that care of the problem. Not force everyone
to put unneeded equipment on their cars."

I agree with your statement above other than I believe safety equipment
discussions are never out of place.  After much thinking and reflecting on
past school
incidents I saw or later saw the outcome of, I believe our dear insurance
companies
might start to further feel driver schools with cars driving solo with
somewhat
racecar level safety equip might be "risky".  Dave said it best
when he suggested that maybe the insurance company might not have covered
his roll
if the instructor had not been in the car.

A better proposal might be to not allow solo sessions in any run group.
That way there is no guess work that there is suppose to be "education"
going on.  I use to get off on
getting signed off to run solo in 2-3 sessions, now I see that as a udder
waste of my weekend.  I'm paying for the "education" not track time IMO.  I
get track time
when I run competitive events.

BTW, I attend driving schools offered by PCA, BMW, Z car, Alfa club,
various professional
orgs and I have never been to a driving school that there was not some
idiot
in a Saleen Mudstang, 911, 944 turbo, Corvette, Viper, you name it that
didn't jeopordize
the safety of others in the run group by his or hers actions.  Thats my
experience,
but it obviously didn't deter me enough to not come back.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided