Driving schools

Grant ops in a couple of post

"Driver School changes...
How about not allowing Advanced students (A group) to run without a rollbar,
harness, arm restraints, fire extinguisher, helmet, collar, nomex
gloves/shoes, & minimum of 3 instructor in car sessions?	"
You would lose 90% of the students.
"I have not met a "A" student who did not need the above safety gear based
upon the speeds run.  My school experience (9 schools) has been the
"problem" students have mainly been the folks without safety gear."

I have been to 16 schools, 10 in the A group and did not realize I was a
'Problem'. Same goes for the same people I see at every school in CA and NV.
I don't know were you schools are but there are only few cars with rolls
bars or cages and those are the guys that do race.

"Requiring the above would go a long way in forcing would be racers out of
driver schools into a racing series or at least out of BMW's schools.
"In the driver schools very few A group "students" know the difference
between a driver school weekend and a competition weekend."

"I proposed the safety items above to limit the participation of weekend
racers in A group"

Again, I don't know where your schools are, but the 10-15 guys I see all the
time aren't into racing, don't want to race and don't want to modify their
cars for racing. Maybe your from the east coast where racing is big. The
people I drive with are out to have fun driving the track and learn about
driving and are not worried about whose faster. Everyone should be
responsible for themselves, and if they are out of control the chief steward
or driving instructors should that care of the problem. Not force everyone
to put unneeded equipment on their cars.

Dennis
95 M3