3M stuff for Fogs

Ron writes:

>When you do get the new
>lights, you may want to check out the 3-M protective film that guards against
>rocks and such.  I have not used it, but would consider it in your case.
Maybe
>someone can speak to the effectiveness of this product??

This product comes in at least two different thicknesses.  Thickest is
supposedly for headlamps.  Less thick for fogs.  (At least according to
Griot's Garage.)  Anyhow, I've got thinner material on fogs and a nice big
crack in one of 'em.  (I haven't been worrying much about it.  When I get
the time, etc. I'm gonna pop 'em out and install ducts with hose into wheel
wells.  Cheap Racer's Wholesale set-up.)  Headlamps with thicker stuff OK
so far.