Re: Fog Lamp Lens <E30>

Let's not confuse anyone here ;)  The '88 E30 is the one year only car that has the
aluminum bumpers like the early cars, but the metal valance with integrated fogs
like the later E30s.  The '88 "is" does in fact take the $109 fog light assembly...

Ron Milliet wrote:

> Rob writes in:
> ------------------------------
> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:01:33 -0500
> From: Rob Tobin <RTobin@domain.elided>
> Subject: Fog Lamp Lens <E30>
>
> The passenger side lens on my '88 325is is cracked.  Being that the car
> is new to me (and my first Bimmer) I dutifully took it to the dealer and
> they pulled out a whole fog lamp lense kit.  "Oh no, I just need the
> lens." says I.  "Sorry, we only sell the whole kit.  $109" says they.
>
> According to my Bavarian Autosport catalog you can only buy the whole
> kit.  Wazzup here?  All I need a stupid piece of glass.
>
> Is this my "welcome to BMW" repair?  Does anyone fabricate these parts?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
> #148884
> ------------------------------
> Rob, If you have the Hella lamps inset in the large molded "IS" spoiler, then
> you CAN buy just the lenses.  Your dealer must be smoking crack.   I buy 2 or 3
> a year usually $26-$30 each.  I don't have the part numbers on hand, but call
> Vines Automotive in Birmingham 1-800-214-4839 and tell them you want the
> "lenses" for the "Hella" fog lights on you 325is.  They will deal with you
> straight unlike your cerebrally impaired stealer.
>
> Ron Milliet
> McComb, MS

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com