<E30> Help requested

Hello:

I have recently had the interior fan control go bad in my 91 318is, and
purchased the replacement piece.  I removed the shields under the wipers
in the engine bay but did not find the any similar connections.  It was
not in by the glove box either.  Where can this be found?

Also, my onboard computer is beginning to fritz...is this a solder joint
gone bad and could that be repaired easily?

Someone mentioned a CD put out by BMW of part numbers, repair info and
exploded assembly diagrams of their autos.  Does anyone have a part
number?

Lastly, to reduce the sandblasted effects on the windshield, could you
use a "gritty" cleanser and power buffer?

Roger Badeau
'91 318is
'89 325ix
Boston Chapter