Re: E24/E28 Intermittent Intermittent Wipers

>There have been a couple of recent postings asking about intermittent
wipers
>working on an intermittent basis!

>This is fairly common on these models (my '85 535i does it too, until
the
>wiper motor "warms up").  Past posts and the archives have discussed
>potential causes and solutions, and typically these have focused on too
much
>grease in the motor mechanism which causes some slippage.  Not very
>technical, sorry, but the fix seems to involve accessing the motor and
>literally removing some of the grease.

>Reed

Attention: This is not the only cause for problems with the 'jerky wiper'
syndrome.
Last year I performed the *greasy* fix and it didn't improve the
situation.  In troubleshooting I looked at the contacts on the big relay
in the fuse box.  It was slightly corroded.  I clean it, adjusted it and
BINGO.  Fixed.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked and R1's shoes to go dancing in at the track
86' 325