E36 M3 for tall people

David asked on: Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:26:01 -0400

I'm in the market for an e36 M3, but have a pretty severe limitation.
I'm 6'4-5ish and have found that I do not comfortably fit in a 2dr
(sunroof) with lux seats and probably not with the std seats.  There is
sufficient headroom in the 4dr (sunroof) with std seats.  Add a helmet
and it would probably be a very tight fit.  4drs only being made in 97
and 98, my choices are limited to newer, pricier cars.  My wife will be
far less than pleased if I weekend race a $40k car, so older models
would be preferable.

I suggest:

There were some E36 M3 coupes that were ordered without a sunroof. This
would add a couple of inches to the inside roof height of the coupe. I have
never heard of a 4 door not having a sunroof (yet, someone please update
me if it exists). Perhaps if you looked for a non-sunroof car to see if this
fits your need?

Marc
1995 M3 mit sunroof and tall driver too.