Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:07:15 -0700
From: "skaelin" <skaelin@domain.elided>
Subject: Cleaning Engine

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 1990 325is which runs really good.  Before I
bought
it, I had Dinan do a diagnostic on it and one of the things they thought
should do is replace the head gasket as the thee bottom oil pan was
saturated with oil.  Other than that, the car runs great and is in MINT
condition (only had 50K miles on it). I will be bringing it to Dinan to
fix
the headgasket plus do some other maintenance stuff.  As the engine is
pretty dirty (oil + dirt), I would like to have it cleaned, but I have
heard
that BMW recommends that you don't steam clean their engines.  Do any
shops
do this or how should I go about cleaning the engine? Any
recommendations
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Kaelin