Murf's gun fixation on the digest....

Murf said: (edit edit)
- ----
Come on, don't you macho-boys know that guns aren't discussed in polite,
mixxed (in many ways) company?

I've said before, if we can't mention Hondas for fear of offending someone,
why do people think gun-talk is OK?
- ----

Sooo, uhh MURF! if it's not ok, why did you do it in the first place??

Why are you still doing it?

Wadda hypocrite!

If you don't like gun talk on the list,

*don't post about guns*,

and certainly don't post attacks on the second amendment here, knowing many
will disagree and then go: "BMW content:  none; let's move on", and then
talk about "mixed company" in the context of furthering the argument in
another post beyond the "lets move on" post.

Gimme a break!

more murf:
- --------
As for your second ammendment references, are you a member of a well
regulated militia?
- --------

YES!   As I said, read the writings of the framers of the bill of rights.
The "well regulated militia" are "all able-bodied citizens of the nation".

You need to be more informed on this issue.

Even more murf:
- -----
Also, you seem to be espousing the strict constitutionalist interpretation
of the constitution.  If we all applied this kind of "logic", women
wouldn't be voting yet, only land-owning white men, and we would still have
legal black slaves, etc.  Times change; Yahoos should too!
- -----

Rubbish, bad history, bad understanding of simple texts.

The slaves were freed, didn't you hear?

And now, African-Americans can even own GUNS, just like any other citizen.
Or would you rather they were still second-class citizens waiting in vain
for "help" from folks like you?

And according to the 19th amendment, women have been voting for quite a
while now.   You should read more!

- -And the second amendment is still here-, and still relevant.   You should
learn about it.

Oh, and BTW, concerning "yahoos" 30% of American gun owners are liberals.
Not that conservatives are "yahoos", mind you, but your smears of gun
owners say more about you, than about us.

Sorry Richard, but the way to not have guns on the digest is for guys like
"murf" to not post about them in the first place.

DC

Don Cicchetti
dcicchet@domain.elided
71 '02   BMW CCA member 122043