Re: Urban legands

Andrew (my kid's name so you can't be all bad :^)) wrote:
>You are passing on untrue information about as
>useful as that "hot tip" to avoid insurance points
>by overpaying your fine. [Hey, try this with your
>felony arrests -- just overpay the fine & you'll
>never have a record & can buy firearms and have
>nothing to fear from repeat offender statutes!]
>You are repeating an urban legend (see movie of
>the same name) -- that people have been killed
>after flashing their lights (gang initiation
>usually).
><snip>

Not urban legand.  It happened in my city about 5 years ago.  This stuff
comes from somewhere, so unfortunately, in this day and age a little
prudence is a good thing.  On the other hand, living a paranoid life simply
sucks.  Do as you see fit.  I stopped flashing because no one flashed back.

FWIW

Jerry "Legand in my own mind" Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii