(WOB) Road hazards......

Andrew Mendez wrote......

_______
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:06:49 -0500
From: "Andrew D.Mendez" <AMENDEZ@domain.elided>
Subject: urban legends

Daniel-

You are passing on untrue information about as
useful as that "hot tip" to avoid insurance points
by overpaying your fine. [Hey, try this with your
felony arrests -- just overpay the fine & you'll
never have a record & can buy firearms and have
nothing to fear from repeat offender statutes!]
You are repeating an urban legend (see movie of
the same name) -- that people have been killed
after flashing their lights (gang initiation
usually).
<snip>

I don't know about anyone being shot for flashing their lights, but here in
Sacto, we had a widely publicized incident in which a gang member opened
fire on several deaf people in their car as he thought they were flashing
rival gang signs at him (turns out they were talking in american sign
language). Daniel's concern may be more valid then you think.

Mike in Sacto
(keeping my hands on the wheel in my '88 325is)