Mid-Atlantic area info request (hey National Chapter)

Mid-Atlantic area info request (hey National Chapter guys),

Well I apologize to keep jumping from one coast to the other, but now we're
headed for the autumn beauty of Pennsylvania.  Once  we arrive Friday, we
will be picking up our new (for us) E30 M3 in the Philly area. Unfortunately
we have to be back to work Monday morning. So we'll be heading back to Texas
first light Saturday, and won't be able enjoy too many of the beautiful
sites this area has to offer.  It's a bit shorter drive than the original
shot from San Fran but should be a fairly demanding two day jaunt
nevertheless.

Since I have as much experience in the mid-Atlantic region as I do in
northern California (read none), any info you would like to provide on the
best roads, scenic drives, radar traps, possible routings, etc. would be
greatly appreciated.  Grandiose statements and personal biases are
especially welcome.

BTW aren't there some states over there that won't allow radar detectors?
Our goal is to make it back in time for work Monday, while encountering as
few boring stretches of Interstate as possible.  At least until we're close
to the flatlands west of the Mississippi.

Thanks in Advance,
Lance Hartsell, have National Geographic Road Atlas and V1, will travel
Lone Star Chapter, BMW CCA