Attn GGC members and others, trip to the bay area takes a turn to PA!

Hello Digest members (and especially GCC members)

WOW!  That's all I can say.  All of you guys (generic term - no sexual
discrimination intended) really came through for me!   In my last posting I
solicited help for my trip to San Francisco and M3 car purchase.  I received
tires was incredible.  As a direct result of these responses I was able to
talk the car owner into taking the car to Bavarian Professionals in Oakland
for a pre-purchase inspection.

Nat and David @ Bavarian must have some Germanic blood in their veins
because their knowledge of the E30 M3 was uncanny.  They faxed me a complete
2 page report listing the condition of everything on the car.  This car was
advertised on Classifieds2000 (some of you probably saw the ad, '88 M3 45K
mis. $15,000 later changed to $17,000) and the owner said it was totally
stock and totally mint.  Well, it was totally stock, but the along with the
original tires(!) still on the car, there was a host of other items I didn't
know about that were going to take more than a little cash to fix.  Like the
fiberglass coming apart on the trunk and the rusted out rear muffler.  Not
that it wasn't a good car, but more than I had budgeted for.

Anyway, the point is that you Digesters saved me a seriously disappointing
and expensive trip.  Kudos to the Golden Gate Chapter!!  You really are on
top of things.  My only regret is not getting to drive through N. California
and see meet some of you guys.

...and now the rest of the story.  Well, just as I was getting depressed
over the fact that I SOLD my primo '88 535I to get this car and I now have
no BMW, I found another M3 in Pennsylvania.  After some careful research, we
have made new plane reservations to the NE.  This car is owned by a BMW
CCA'er and has a complete history and checks out much better.  So now the
only question is should we drive west through PA or go down the east coast
on our way back to Dallas.  I have heard there are some bad troopers in that
area.  Any places we should definitely avoid or definitely visit?  Please
feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thanks again to everyone,
Lance Hartsell