Barometric Pressure Sensor

Can anyone tell me anything about this component found on my 1984 318i (and
other years, makes and models).  Neither the Bentley, Haynes nor Chilton
manuals address the troubleshooting of this (important?) component,
although at least Chilton documents its existence.  It is a three wire
component, with one wire going to each of the injectors, and another to the
control unit (the third, I can't tell).  Presumably if it malfunctions
there will be a problem with the air/fuel mixture ratio, so I'd like some
assurance that all is well.