Straight pipe and turbo vs supercharger

hi
i have the E30 M3
i have most of the bolt on mods
what will happen if i install a cutoff pipe meaning that i can either run on
my current exhaust or straight pipe.
the guy at the shop said that i will lose power, and it is meant for V8s.
currently, i have the euro resonator and the brullen muffler (no cat). any
suggestions???
which would work better for my car? a turbo or supercharger?do i have to build
my bottom end or bump it up to a 2.5L evo.?
do you know who makes a turbo kit? i know ERT makes a supercharger kit that
costs about $5K.
i am currently running in the mid to low 14 sec. in the quarter mile!
thanks

Franklin Joseph
E30 M3 - sharked!