Brake fluids

  I have seen several posts concerning the dot4 & dot5 brake fluids and
there pros & cons. I was at Wal-Mart today looking over the different
brake fluids and saw a 'Valvoline synthetic brake fluid that says it
exceeds the dot3&4 fluids. Is this the dot5 that was mentioned on the
digest?...or is this something different? It made no reference to dot5.
Can someone out there tell me the difference in these classes of fluids.
(I realize the designations are mainly for temp. ratings.)

Richard Vaughn BMW CCA Tarheel Chapter
'95 740i