Protectant TipsRe: Detailing Question

This is probably too late, but it the future I recommend applying
vinyl/rubber protectant *BEFORE* you wash the car.  There are several
advantages.

1.  You can get realllllllyy sloppy and get it everywhere. When you wash
    the car, it comes off the glass and paint.
2.  Once you wash the car, the protectant gets in the plastic, but doesn't
    leave that cheezy Armour All shine, just a nice dark color.
3.  When you wax the car, the plastic has lots of protectant on it and
    will not let wax adhere to it.
4.  It saves a bunch of time, no need to be careful

I use a foam brush (the kind used for staining wood, etc) to apply the
protectant)  I recommend Formula 303, it works great, its lasts, and its
not too expensive.  You can pick it up at most boating supply places like
Overtons.  Vinylex also works well but doesn't last as long and you have
to use more.  This formula has done quite well in the Ozone rich Raleigh,
NC area (rubber crumbles quickly with Ozone).

Dan