Re: bmw-digest V9 #338

Alix:
You might have seen people replying to my questions about the central
locking system earlier this week. I suggest you check
ftp://ftp.doe.carlton.ca/pub/chrisp/bmw/central.lock.faq for alot of
information. This first thing you should do is remove the door panel.
Unscrew the the door lock knob, 2 screws under the armrest and one behind
the mirror adjust knob. Pull the panel from the bottom corner and work your
way around. From there try adjusting the central lock motor, there will be
2 screws near the back of the door. Try moving the motor up and down in the
slots and testing. This didn't work for me but it might be an easy fix.
Other on-line resources are http://www.gus-melo.com/ and
http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_e30.html which both have info on the
central lock system. I will be working on resolving my central lock
problems this weekend, I will keep you informed on my progess.

Dave Larocque
87 325

1 speeding ticket this year, passed unmarked car at 140 in a 80, charged
because I then set my cruise to 110. I laughed about it with the cop and he
wrote the ticket for 90 in a 80 zone $46.00. (Thats KM's folks not MPH)