re: speeding

- -You are truly just paying your speeding tickets and racking it up as
- -the
- -price of admission.  C'mon, this is just not rational behavior.  Do
- -you
- -know that this supports the act of writing speeding tickets.  Now, -not
- -get into a rant about police on this side of the Atlantic, but, if
- -they
- -acted more like there euro counterparts, we would be better off.   By
- -that
- -I mean that speeding tickets are rarely given throughout Europe.  the
- -police are there to enforce the laws when someone is doing something
- -so
- -stupid that they will hurt someone else.

What? Are you feeling OK? Speeding is deffinately dangerous. Hence speed
limits. It may not be as dangerous as other factors ie snow, stupidity
etc. but it is deffinately up there. When a person speeds, they are
putting other people in increased danger and more likely to hurt others.
I will admit I do my share of speeding, but only at places that I feel
safe in. At midnight I sometimes go to a nearby street that usually a
person passes every two or so minutes and will routinely do 110+. As
soon as I see tail lights I am immediatly off the gas. I will slow down
to about 90 untill I am with in a hundred yards or so, at which I slow
down to a little above the limit. Speeding is dangerous becuase the car
has increased momentum. you may think what's an extra 5 mph, but
multiply that with the weight of the car and that's a LOT of extra force
behind the car. Want to do an experiment? try this, take a bike and go
off a jump at cruise speed. next time go faster and see how much further
you go. I go off jumps only a curb high at 30 mph on my bike (pedaled)
and go five feet in the air. And yet if I go much slower I only get a
couple of feet. I have received only two tickets, one for racing ( I was
going a lot faster than the cop got me for, actually he clocked my
friend), and the other 11 months later for doing 60 in a 45. I didn't
deny I did it and I think I deserved the ticket. To me the traffic was
relatively thick with people changing lanes everywhere. Plus I was going
through an intersection; everything was going very fast. I was very
curteous and still got it. I talked to the judge and am taking defensive
again. He seemed surprise that I had never gotten a ticket prior to the
racing ticket. I used to speed HEAVILY when in high school and was just
lucky to not get any. Now only two years later (I'm 20) I rarely speed
in town. Don't be fooled by the steel/aluminum cage surrounding you, it
isn't much thicker than your body panels.
safe driving.
Craig Robson
86 325es I get stared at very often when going safely as if I just did a
bad thing.