From: mitchell ma <mwma@domain.elided>
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 1998 11:26
Subject: Speeding tickets (WOB)

Michel Potheau writes:

> Most young drivers average a ticket every year or so.

I presume Michel is referring to "speeding" tickets. So let's take an
informal poll. What would be considered the average out there in
digestland? How many speeding tickets a year do you get? I average about
one a year. I don't consider myself a reckless driver, but I do exceed
the speed limit on occasion, ie when the traffic volume allows it. For
me, the satisfaction I get is worth the risk of the occasional ticket.
And it's usually my fault because I wasn't paying enough attention. I
pay the ticket, I treat it as the price of admission to my amusement
park. BTW, I attend track events as time/money allows, so it's not as if
I have this pent-up adrenalin waiting to burst each time I start my car.
Is one ticket a year excessive? How about some of the more rabid drivers
out there? Please, no judgements, or flames. And let's leave road rage
and any other such negativity out of the discussion. This is about fun,
right? Speed doesn't kill, ignorance does.

Mitchell Ma
89 535iA (270,000kms, radar detector OFF)
BMWCCA
BMWACA
BMWCCBC