No subject was specified.

Hi Dave,
	The E28 5rs are pretty good cars.  Like everyone you ask, the engine if
properly maintained is bulletproof.  Can easily last 200k miles.  I have an
'88 iS w/140k.  The water pump will last about 50k-70k miles.  The alternator
uses brushes so those need replacing about every 75k.  Driveline components
like the guibo and u-joints last ~50k-75k.  They are prone to a front end
shimmy when the bushings wear.  The fix is to use M5 or E32 750 bushings on
the upper and lower thrush arms.  The rotors can warp too.  The upgrade here
is to put E32 7 series front rotors and calipers on.  If the car sets outside
instead of a garage, hard to diagnose/fix electrical gremlins can creep up on
the car.  I highly recommend storing it in a garage in the evenings if
possible.  I believe that a garge stored car last 10-20 years longer than a
car that is always outside.  There is a metal non-serviceable timming chain,
so theres no maintenance there.

Your right on the price.  The range can vary from used up examples to pristine
with low milage.  But this is common with all models of cars.   Finding one in
good condition usally isn't that hard.  Sevice records are a plus but not
mandatory.  Most BMW owners are pretty good about maintenance.

The iS is more rare except for the M5.  I believe there were ~5000 total
shipped to the US from '87-'88.  Mine is highly modified with Dinan equipment
is a track & street rig.  If you see one to but, have it inspected by a professional.

If you have any other question, drop a line.

Take Care,
Russ