Vanos...

Jim,

Thank you for the great explanation of how Vanos works. I've always known
what it was and why it was an advantage but I've never understood how it
works - even after reading the descriptions in the car mags which included
illustrations!

I think my big problem was I never knew what the hell a "helical gear" was
(cut me some slack - I'm a software engineer - not a mechanical engineer). I
was able to visualize the whole thing with your thoughtful explanation.

Thanks again!

Dick