ATTN: Golden Gate Chapter, bay area info needed

Hello Digest (and specifically Golden Gate Chapter members)

Thanks to the many who responded to my plea to buy my trusty 535i.  The
quick sale has enabled me to take another step down the road to M3
ownership.  Next problem: I'm in Dallas, my future M3 is in the Bay Area.  I
will be arriving in Oakland on Oct. 23, about noon.  From what I have
learned about the car, I have two tasks that afternoon. 1)  get a
pre-purchase inspection from a GREAT BMW shop somewhere close to Oakland;
and 2) buy new tires before the 2000 mi/ 2-day trip home.

I don't know anything about the bay area.  All I know is that we are flying
into Oakland, and the seller is going to pick us up at the airport.  I know
most shops are not open on Saturday, so I would like to be able to call this
week and book an appointment for Friday afternoon.  I know that of all the
shops here, only 2 or 3 are worth your money

Also where is a good place to get tires?  Do you guys have Discount Tire
Co.?  I probably need to call ahead and pre-purchase them, so that they will
be in stock.  In fact, what is for a good recommendation for e30 M3 tires?
These are the stock wheels, stock susp., stock tires!

Thanks to everyone for all the help!!  This kind of help is one of the
attributes that makes this Digest really invaluable. (although lately the
flames have been a nauseating ).  By the way, I'll glad buy anyone a dinner
in Dallas for any information.

Lance Hartsell (Bimmerless for now)