Re: Bimmer rag

At 10:21 PM 10/12/98 -0400, Duane wrote:
>Got my most recent issue of BIMMER magazine.  Am I the only one that thinks
>this magazine, while a pretty picture book, is seriuosly lame?   This has
>got to be the MOTOR TREND of the Bimwad world.  The articles are
>zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......the letters to the editor and the tech Q&A are moronic
> I'm not making this up - from the Dec '98 Issue : "I heard the brake pedal
>on the new 3 series is altered so that you have to press the pedal with your
>left foot. Is this true?") ........... < rolling eyes>......and if you take
>out the ads - there ain't a whole lotta substance.

The only things I've liked so far have been the articles on cars within a
certain price range.  I don't think Resnick know's as much as he think he
does about BMW's.  I'm hoping it gets better with time.  It's also only $15
for 6 issues.

>One reader asks for performance stats in testing cars.  The editor makes
>excuses that the magazine is "too new" and "the logistics make it impossible
>for now".  Reminds me of AUTOMOBILE magazine where they take cars for a
>spin, reprint the manufacturers data, then give you their most wonderful
>subjective opinion as the meat of it. Oh yeah....like that's REAL HARD.
>Will someone send these guys a complimentary G-Tech fer cryin' out loud?
>HA! They would do better to garner material from THIS DIGEST than to publish
>half of what they do.

Then I wouldn't have to subscribe.

>Lotta full color ads.....my guess is they are damn near giving them away to
>get some pull for the magazine.

Same ad's as in the Roundel so I don't even look at those.  And have you
noticed that some of the same ad's don't have the prices like the ones in
the Roundel do?

>Now the Roundel....THERE's a magazine.  It's got charm, wit, character,
>controversy......STYLE.  My Roundels go in the place of honor in the
>library....The Bimmer rag goes in the bathroom basket with the Victoria
>Secrets catalog....guess which one gets read?

Funny, my place of honor IS the bathroom basket with the Victoria's Secret
catalogs.  Go figure.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii