Bimmer Magazine - Someone put them outta their misery.

Got my most recent issue of BIMMER magazine.  Am I the only one that thinks
this magazine, while a pretty picture book, is seriuosly lame?   This has
got to be the MOTOR TREND of the Bimwad world.  The articles are
zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......the letters to the editor and the tech Q&A are moronic
 I'm not making this up - from the Dec '98 Issue : "I heard the brake pedal
on the new 3 series is altered so that you have to press the pedal with your
left foot. Is this true?") ........... < rolling eyes>......and if you take
out the ads - there ain't a whole lotta substance.

One reader asks for performance stats in testing cars.  The editor makes
excuses that the magazine is "too new" and "the logistics make it impossible
for now".  Reminds me of AUTOMOBILE magazine where they take cars for a
spin, reprint the manufacturers data, then give you their most wonderful
subjective opinion as the meat of it. Oh yeah....like that's REAL HARD.
Will someone send these guys a complimentary G-Tech fer cryin' out loud?
HA! They would do better to garner material from THIS DIGEST than to publish
half of what they do.

Lotta full color ads.....my guess is they are damn near giving them away to
get some pull for the magazine.

Now the Roundel....THERE's a magazine.  It's got charm, wit, character,
controversy......STYLE.  My Roundels go in the place of honor in the
library....The Bimmer rag goes in the bathroom basket with the Victoria
Secrets catalog....guess which one gets read?

Duane Collie
Slowing coming out of the PizzaFest II fog.

P.S.  Anyone wanting a P'Fest II T-shirt/sticker,  I've got (3) XLG and (4)
XXLG left. Lemme know.