Re: Honda vs. BMW

Jeez,

What is it with you boneheads who refuse to accept the fact that your BMW
is not gods gift to cardom?  Why is it that you won't believe that there
are MANY other cars out there that are as good as your cars for a much
lower price?

Think about it.  HRC.  Honda Racing.  Motorcycles AND car's.  They've been
doing it a long time and won a lot of titles.  Their car's are historically
some of the best selling cars year in and year out.  This kind of refutes
the "Honda's are crappy" theorem some of you hold dear.  Sure, an E36 M3
would probably beat a VTEC Prelude in a race (straight line or track) but
it wouldn't be the ass-kickin' many of you would like to believe.  A Z-28
or a Mustang GT would give you a run for your money.

I have an E28 M5 that put's out almost 300 hp with 275 lbs of torque,
that's lowered and a very nice driving and handling car.  I also have 900
lbs more car so I would probably put my money on one those "rice burners"
in a race.  Big deal.

Grow up and accept reality.  You have a nice car.  Other marquees make nice
cars.  Your's isn't the best.  Neither is his.  They are simply the best
for you/him.  Now please post something about short-shifts, tires or wheel
offset before something really bad happens...like that Yugo someone was
talking about blows doors on your M3/5/6 at a stoplight :^).

Later

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii

PS  The M Coupe does look like a shoe.  I laughed my arse off when I read
that.  Good call.