G-Tech problems

     Franklin wonders:

     Also, i tried the Gtech and my 0-60 time came out 7.27 sec.
     my buddy with the M conv pulled a 7.3  After that, my other friend in
     a cavalier pulled a 6.5 and both of us can very well beat the chevy.
     what could be the problem here?
     <<<

     Well Franklin, while not totally accurate the G-Tech isn't bad for
     what it is.  So lets take some guesses.

     1. The entered weight for one or both cars is not correct.

     2. The G-Tech is not mounted level.

     3. Did you run both cars over the same stretch of road?  ie Did one
     run slightly uphill/downhill compared to the other?  Or worse yet, one
     ran uphill and one downhill?  There are very few level roads.

     4. Somebody was having a great/horrible launch?

     So, go to a stone dealer etc. and hve the car weighed before your
     runs.  Make slight corrections (7-8lbs) for each gallon of gas
     used/added after the measurement.  Mount the G-tech as level as
     possible.  The manual tells how to check it.  Run both cars over the
     same stretch of road.  Try to make consistent launches.

     Jim Powell
     '98 M3/4