Re: <E30> Weight savings

>     I'm trying to shave some weight off my '84 325i/e project machine
> without spending big $$ on light weight body parts,etc.
>   So far I've removed the spare tire,trunk carpet,and A/C.   Where else can
> I shave weight?  I'd like to remove another 50-100lbs , but I still drive
> the car on the street sometimes so I want to keep the radio,sets,etc.

Two words: sound deadening. All that foam and asphalt-stuff weigh a ton.
Just the trunk padding in my E28 weighed about 65-70 pounds. If you look
behind/below the rear seat, under the carpets, under the hood, and
anywhere else you can think of, rip it out and you can probably drop a
bunch of weight.
- --
- -AEG

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get
you.