Re: M20: 288 degree camshafts

<<<A while ago someone on the digest had posted that they were going
to put a 288
cam in their "i" engine.  My question is whether or not the car
remained
streetable and passed emissions?   What about the 272 cam?  TIA

Barry Robinson
LA Chapter>>>

Barry,

The car definitely remained streetable.  The idle is rough, but not
ridiculous.  I haven't gotten the emissions done yet (it was only on
the road for a week before the timing belt broke.  I'm getting it
back, complete with 12 valves, 12 rockers, and 4 titanium retainers
on Tuesday.  The dealer paid the bill).  I'll worry about the
emissions later, I don't need to have it done until February...  I
don't forsee any problems since the emissions test is done on a dyno,
not at idle.

Later,

Jason McCowan
NCC