Re: <e30> Cup Holder Ideas

bolhuijo@domain.elided wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Chris Baisley wrote:
>
> > My 1989 325i has no cup holders, and no obvious place to put one.  The best
> > so far is jamming the cup between the centre console and the passender side
> > seat belt clasp.  Anyone have any bright ideas?  Gluing a Wal-Mart product
> > to the top of the dashboard doesn't count!
>
> I prefer to just pour it in my crotch before I go and be done with it.
> Driving around worrying about spilling coffee in your crotch is
> dangerous.

Yeah, but its a real good way to learn to drive smoothly -- nothing like
excruciating pain coupled with fear of dying to quckly condition the mind.
;^)

At my BMW Dealer the other day, while waiting for my oil to be changed,
I noticed that they had a large variety of add-in cupholders designed to
mount firmly in the ash trays, cubby holes, and sunglass boxes in the
consoles of various models.  I didn't look closely at what models were
covered -- my Bimmer has cupholders built-in.  It caught my attention
because it gave me an idea of how to improve A/C air flow to my kiddos
in the back seat -- mount a small fan on a base designed to insert into
the ashtray for the back seat on the back of the center console.  Well,
its an _idea_.

Anyway, just thought you might want to check out your dealer,
they may have a perfect solution,

Brian
98 M3/4

P.S.  Richard, if you are listening... whenever I send mail
to bmw@domain.elided (which used to work fine), it bounces.
I tried forwarding you such a message, and it also bounced.
Verbage like this:

The original message was received at Sat, 10 Oct 1998 13:00:35 -0500 (CDT)
from [10.12.102.15]

<bmw@domain.elided>

... while talking to krusty-motorsports.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<bmw@domain.elided>
<<< 550 rejected: administrative prohibition (failed to find host name from IP
address)
550 <bmw@domain.elided>... User unknown

End of bmw-digest V9 #292