Re: ///M Civic

Craig,

I've seen this car driving around the streets of Miami and nearly puke every
time I see it. My only suggestion to all the Bimwads who may be in Miami:
be prepared! You may be sick or crash into something upon seeing this thing.
I don't mind badge engineering jokes (e.g.: my friend's '87 Volvo ///M 240
DL with
fuzzy dice, faux alloy hubcaps,  leopard skin seat covers, and red tinted
dome light), but this thing is
absurd (well, so is the ///M240 DL ;-).

Jordi Cuervo
cueja@domain.elided

>Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 23:51:11 CDT
>From: "Craig Robson" <padow@domain.elided>
>Subject: making an M3
>
>I recently read an article in a magazine that is for rice rockets about
>how this guy in Florida wanted a new M3, but couldn't afford one so he
>decided to make one. My first thought would have been how does one do
>that if  I had not seen the pictures. Since this guy wanted a M3 so bad
>and couldn't afford one he ended up buying a HONDA CIVIC. Here's the
>catch he had the audacity to put a ///M emblem on the hood of his car.
>He also put a bunch of the colored stripes all over the car. I thought I
>might reconcile a little if he atleast majesticaly put in a BMW engine.
>NOPE, even worse was the fact that there was not a single BMW part on
>the entire car. And to top it all off, he painted it Dakar yellow. I
>mean to tell you this thing was ugly. He had two BIG ralleye lights
>mounted on the bumper. The front airdamn was tastlessly done. The best
>looking part on the car was the ///M emblem on the hood. What is with
>this guy, BMW's are more than just a name. They are cars meant for
>people who enjoy driving (usually fast err aggresively). What is the
>world coming to when people are buying civics and putting ///M emblems
>on them. They are two completely different cars. I was disgusted and
>immediatly put the mag back on the rack.
>Craig Robson.
>PS when does the new "Bimmer" come out?

End of bmw-digest V9 #291