RE: Track Safety (Gran Turismo)

Couldn't agree with you more on how to handle an "off" at the track. A
few weeks back, I got two wheels off of turn 7 at Road Atlanta and tried
to yank it back onto the track. Sure enough, the wheels caught and shot
the car across to the other side. Fortunately, I saved the spin into the
wall and kept it on the track (nothing to do with driver skill -
everything to do with the low speeds at turn 7).

As far as a simulator, I've posted a few times on the subject as have
some others. GRAN TURISMO, GRAN TURISMO, GRAN TURISMO!!! Get yourself a
Sony Playstation and buy Gran Turismo. Nothing else will do. Not F1, not
NASCAR '99, not TOCA Touring Car Championship! Gran Turismo is the only
racing game on the market that accurately simulates car upgrades,
setups, performance and handling. If you don't believe me check out the
website at
http://www.playstation.com/games/categories/racing/granturismo/index.html.
The instruction manual on how to play the game reads like a week of
instruction at a Skip Barber school. Talk about practicing performance
driving safely, cheaply, and often!!

Check it out! Let me know what you think.

Peter Stuhr
'95 White M3