745i questions

I have seen a 745i for sale in my town that has just had the turbo
rebuilt and new injectors put in.  It also has had the self-leveling
suspension replaced with simple springs/shocks.  The car looks o.k.
(1982)  The owner says that he has sunk too much money into it and is
now trying to get $3,000 - $4,000 out of it.  He claims to not have a
manual and that the car is euro-spec so no parts/knowledge is available
for it.

Any suggestions?  This guy is not a club member but I have tinkered with
the idea of owning it.  How much trouble would I be getting into?

Thanks for your help.

- --
Tom Jarlock
88 535ia, 163,000