TVR - the US gets screwed

>> Forget your Italian stuff - the fastest production car in the world
>> is the TVR Cerbera 4.5.  Eats F355s and Diablos for breakfast
>> and costs less than half the price.

>Lovely car and fast as the wind. The interior is gorgeous
>and is the car's best feature. Build quality is pretty good
>as is attention to details. Do they sell them in the USA?

No

>Bad points:
>	Poor electrics, a friend had one with problems
>	No ABS option.

Once again the U.S. gets screwed.  TVR's are incredibly cheap considering
the kind of performance you get, the Cerbera is incredibly fast, it will
blow a Viper into the weeds, and the handling makes the Viper look like a
truck.  There are so many cars Europe gets that unfortunately the U.S. does
not, Lotus Elise, Lancia (the Intergralie, oh what a car), Fiat, Alfa Romeo
(anymore you should see the new Alfa's my brother has the new GTV in
England and it is gorgeous), Pergeout spelling? (anymore, the old 205 1.9
GTI, is still one of my favorite sport hatchbacks), Citreon, Renault, even
Fords are different over there, the old Cosworth Escort is a totally
different beast from any Escort over here, or how about a Ford Sierra
Sapphire Cosworth (Ford Sierra was the name for the old Merkur XR4ti they
tried selling over here claiming it was German, whatever?), now there was a
fast four door.  I could go on and on, the chances of us getting any of
these cars over here, zero to none, there are just too many legislations
over here, and with an ignorant consumer, not you guys!, most of those cars
would not sell here, there has been talk over the Lotus Elise making it
over but would have to have the engine swapped because of emissions,  Alfa
has also thought about a comeback here, I think it would fail again despite
the fact its cars are so much improved from the old days.  Even the
Japanese have some awesome cars that we can't get our hands on, Nissan
Skyline GTR (is that right?) was an awesome sports car.  Even cars sold in
the states and Europe, there seems to be differences, for instance when I
see a VW Golf VR6 in England for some reason it looks so much better than
the VR6 over here.  One thing we do have is cheap gas!!!   Anyway, I needed
to get that off my chest, sorry for the rant,  if anyone sees some idiot
riding passenger in a Black Alfa Romeo GTV, around Greenwich London,
grinning from ear to ear, thats me visiting my brother for Christmas.  BMW
content - they are nice in europe too, but we get most of the goodies over
here,  so the M3 is a little detuned, I can't afford it anyway.  Thats why
I own a BMW, if I lived in Europe it might be a different story.

Simon
91 318is - its got European side markers, pretty close.