re: The fastest - and its British (but # 2 isn't!)

>> fastest production car in the world is the TVR Cerbera 4.5.

> it is british, but it's not the TVR, it's the McLaren F1

>> 0 to 60 mph 3.9 secs

> try 3.4 seconds for the McLaren.

If C&D is to be believed (and if my memory isn't failing me), the 911 Turbo S
achieves 0 to 60 in 3.7, wedging it squarely between these 2.  Quite a track
car, and a bargain compared to the McLaren at a mere $125,000 (or is it
$150,000?).

> ps: plus, the McLaren just looks better, much better

No argument here!  Handles better than the rear engined turbo as well, no
doubt.

Mandatory BMW content:  the real question is where will the Z07 fit in--a
light car with the new M5's engine could be awefully fast.

Later,

Tim Leithead