RE>bmw-digest V9 #274

John, they are exactly that FOG lamps and they are not supposed to illuminate the road!  They should be used only in thick fog or rain conditions.  Around here alot of people call them faglights when they have them on all the time.  They are designed to aim at the ground so the light will bounce back up behind the thick fog you are supposed to be driving through to illuminate the area further in front, since the light won't get as dispersed by directly hitting the moisture in the air.  If you want road illumination, get DRIVING lights.

Glen Chow

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the foglamps on my '94 325i ? They seem
to be pointing a bit too low and I dont even see the illumination on the
road when I turn the lamps on. Yes, they are working <g>.

John Khoo, (Malaysia)
stock '94 E36 325i A