Airline ticket raffle to benefit poor at Christmas

     Well Digest land, I joined this merry little group nigh unto a year
     ago.  Its been a ton of fun.  Its also taught this ex-Chevy small
     blocker a tremendous amount.  I hope I've given a little bit back from
     time to time.

     In spite of my proclivity to engage in flame wars, yank chains, insult
     various minority groups and eyeball women at every given chance, I
     fromm time to time try to do a little good now and then.  One of my
     favorite things to do has always been to support poor families at
     Christmas.  And my very favorite way to do this is by responding to
     Dear Santa Claus letters that end up dead at the post office.  I
     intend to do this again this year here in San Diego.  I have sat down
     and cried like a baby reading some of these letters and I'm sure you
     would too.

     So lets get to the point.  I was really a newcomer here a year ago so
     I didn't try to put the touch on you.  I'm not that proud this year.
     So here's the deal.  If anyone would like to contribute to this cause
     let me know and I will send you an address to send checks to.  It will
     be to the deacons of my church so you don't have to suspect that I
     intend to run off to Rio with the loot.

     As a way to solicit some cash besides donations and the few hundred
     I'll be donating, I am putting up for auction 2 coach tickets on
     America West good for anywhere in the US.  Best bid by COB on
     Halloween gets 'em.  Interested?  Need more info?  Write me for
     blackout dates blah blah blah.  Wanna squeel to the airline and screw
     this up?  Go ahead Scrooge.  I'll beat it.

     So that's it.  This is a chance to make some kids happy for maybe the
     first time ever.  Its tax deductible and you'll feel good for helping
     the kids in society that just don't understand why their mothers don't
     have a coat, why kids make fun of their shoes or why Daddy took the
     Christmas toy money and got drunk.  Their last hope for a Merry
     Christmas is Santa.  I intend to make sure a few of them believe in
     miracles.  Write if you want to help.

     Jim Powell