Selling Jim C chip

I thought I'd weigh in (180 lbs. & climbing) on
this issue with an example of a class act on the
part of a digester which is the opposite of the
overnight price increase on the chip. I bought a
set of 4 used 17" TSW wheels w/ R1s from a
digester a while back. The price was $550, and
over the phone the seller said he'd charge me an
extra $50 for shipping based on his guesstimate.
Much later (after UPS lost 2 of the tires & we had
to do an insurance claim -- DAMN UPS, DAMN THEM!),
I learned the actual shipping cost paid by the
seller was around $120 (so he netted only $480 for
4 17" wheels in great condition w/ old R1s). The
seller had not told me about the huge shipping
cost, much less tried to collect it from me,
because we had agreed on $50 & he stuck to it. I
thought this was really cool.

Andy '95 M3

P.S. as a matter of contract law, once an offer
has been accepted it cannot be revoked. Offer +
acceptance = legal, enforceable contact. Obviously
not worth taking the chip seller to court over,
but it just shows this is a societal norm (which
pre-dates our country).