Get off James's back - not!

>Hey all you holier than thou's.. he WON that chip. He is going to HELP a
fellow BMW owner get a DME upgrade for $150 >less than the normal price. If
he was rich and he won the lottery, would you make him give it back since he
didn't really >need it? That's ridiculous. His only transgression is that he
originally offered it for $200 first and raised (sorry to that guy >who got
screwed there... that DOES suck and you have a legitimate complaint but
about the offer that was "renegotiated", >not about selling the chip in the
first place)

Well, I think I was the guy who got screwed by this sudden price increase.
I was one of the first few who responded to his post and slapped my $200 on
the table provided that the coupon would also be good for OBD-II
programming.  He responded that yes, it is good for OBD-II cars but now he's
gonna charge $350 for it.  At that point I told him to forget it...  I
should have kept my mouth shut and not told him that I have OBD-II.  Oh
well...

Now, who is saying that the new price still saves $150?  As far as I know
Jim C's price is $399, so $399-$150 would be $249.   Still a pretty good
deal.   I think at this point I'm gonna wait for the next O'Fest and
hopefully Jim C himself will reprogram OBD-II cars from his laptop for $300
again like he did last month.  We can always hope, right?

But what really gets me about this whole deal is not the fact that he raised
the price, but the fact that he went or goes to the same school I did!!!  So
much for the school spirit...  Go Hokies!!!

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
'90 & '92 Virginia Tech
BMW CCA# 135536