Re: bmw-digest V9 #270

For the knob put your car in Reverse and pull up hard! (don't hit yourself
in the face) The leather boot is held down with a plastic ring, grab it
from one edge and work your way around. You will not need any tools for
this job -> locking jaws? Vice grips? no please don't, save those for
extracting teeth.

BTW nice choice in cars

Dave Larocque
'87 325 (newly acquired spoiler)

*To replace my worn out shifter boot, do I pry the shifter knob straight
*up, unscrew, or?? I am specifically interested in a method which will
*not scratch or mar the knob or stub surface (I 've been known to leave *
*my homo sapiens marks on a variety of cosmetically important surfaces
*before). What shall I use for the job (somehow a pair of locking jaws
*seems too crude...)?
*TIA, and I apologize if this is too elementary.
*Leo ('87 325 looking for skirt and spoiler to dress