Know of what Ye Speake Of

>Ahh,
>
>I assume the guy won the Chip in the USA.  In the true spirit of capitalism,
>pricing is based on what the market will bear.  If you have something I want,
>how much will I be willing to pay for it?  In this case, if I had a need for
>this chip (I don't, Jim C Chip helps my 95 525i) I would definitely like to
>buy it $150 off the asking price (which is, of course, is a great thing about
>capitalism too; buy for as inexpensive as you can get it-as long as the
>quality is unchanged).
>
>So, go forth, capitalist, and make someone happy twice; for the chip and the
>good price....
>
>John

I just LOVE people who come out to make a stand and are totally clueless as
to what is going on. John here, wants to wave the great flag of capitalism
when he fails to grasp ANY of the underlying aspects of what is occuring in
this instance.

The whoring of some of the door prizes at PizzaFest II is something I was
hoping would not have to be addressed on the Digest, as it was a very small
part of the overall weekend. But here it is out in the open, so let's get
to the point.

I'm the guy who asked the majority of the sponsors for door prizes.
I'm the guy sending the 'thank you' notes out tommorrow to the sponsors.
I'm the guy who can't supply a winner's name because I don't know who the
final recipient is.
I'm the guy who is embarrassed when the sponsor asks me how the winner
liked the prize and I know he's trying to sell it for the most cash he can
get.

While some (but not all) of the winners were busy trying to solicit high
bids for their prizes,  I vowed then and there to NEVER AGAIN ask for
individual prizes for an event that I organize.

Bikesh Patel was truly happy to win the HMS Schroth Harnesses, and will
enthusiastically install them in his car. It was refreshing to see the
excitement in his face when he won.  Rudy Pellogrini (who drives a Toyota
MR2) was a class act and GAVE away his UUC Moterwerks short shift kit that
he could not use rather than trying to sell it. None of the BMW owners were
willing to do the same to my knowledge. Too bad, because that was a noble
gesture.

It took a Toyota driver to show the Bimwads some class.  Rice Boy, indeed.

So while some of the PizzaFest II door prizes winners relish in their new
found wealth accumulated by hawking the prizes, I hope they'll also take
the time to personally call up the sponsor, thank them, and tell them what
they are doing with their gift. Makes my job a lot easier.

In a couple of days I'll post of all the FUN we had.  Right now I'm too
sore and too tired to recap the whole weekend.

Duane Collie
"crashing into trees when you're not driving stinks" - words to live by