Waxes

This issue seems to have been thoroughly debated, but I am still
confused about the difference between the two Meguiars products.  I
have both and use the Gold Class on my wife's mini van and the
Medallion on my 328is.  I'm having trouble telling the difference.

On the van, I've also used Rain Dance, which seems to last forever,
but is hard to apply and remove,  more abrasive than I need except
for removing deep dirt or superficial scratches, and not the choice
of the wax cognoscenties.  Being basically a sychophant when it come
to cars, I pretty much want to use products approved of by experts
for my Bimmer. While I am ready to abandon Rain Dance totally and wax
both cars 4 times a year, I really don't want to do it more often, if
possible.  Hence, my need to go with something reasonable, easy to
acquire, and easy to use, like the Meguiars products.

Could some one tell me:

1. The difference between Meguiars Gold and Medallion; how long they
last, u.v. protection, and reflectance.

2. Why I should not just use Rain Dance and get out the old
orbital buffer to buff it off. Yes, I know you need to have the touch
of the angels to do this, but I used it for 11 years on my
medium gray Caddi, which I gave to my Dad, and the the paint really
looked like new when he got it. And I swear the Rain Dance lasted
forever (under my fingernails too; nice if you like blue).

Please answer frankly (why do I think I have to ask for this?), but
hold the gratuitous abuse, especially regarding Rain Dance; I know
its a low end product with solvents, but why does it last so long
and work so well on American cars?

Jerry Cohen
BMW CCA
1998 328 is