at least 6 beer job

Hi,

I did the timing belt, thermostat, and water pump this weekend and it took
about 12 hrs for a first-timer.  Most of that was getting everything off,
and the timing belt took some time to get right.  The Bently manual was a
great help.  One thing make sure you have a 32mm open end wrench and a BIG
pair of channel locks for the fan clutch and fan.  You have to loosen the
tensioner on the timing belt, so maybe it's replacement is necessitated.
You may want to also replace all the hoses and the v-belts at the same time
since they are already off.  If you are the least bit mechanically inclined
and have (access to) tools you can probably do it.  Let me know if you need
any more help.

Gabe Mintier
'90 325i (brillent red)