More on M Coupe Styling...

I know, I know, everyone must be sick of the topic now but I felt a need
to throw my $0.02 in; no more, no less.

I don't think the styling on the M Coupe is really radical, or even new,
though I must admit it's grown on me in a huge way since I first saw it
at the Toronto Int'l Autoshow last February.  It reminds me a lot of a
couple of classics: the Ferrari 250 GTO 'Breadvan' and the MGB
hatchback; both of which had similar styling to the current M Coupe.
Not to mention, BMW itself made an '02 Touring, though I'm not certain
if it was 2 or 4-door.  So, kudos to BMW AG for having some stylistic
guts in building the M Coupe (hats off to the engineers who started it
on their own time).  Plymouth has the Prowler; Honda is building (I
think) the SSM (is this right?); and Ford has the new Escort, the Ka,
and the Mercury Cougar; then it's time the German automakers shed their
stodgy image and build something fun.  Now, if only Lancia would revive
the Delta Integrale S4 and bring it across the Atlantic!!

Roy Kao
'97 328i (M3 in a month or so...)
'88 635CSi
'99 Toyota 4Runner Ltd. (Shared with the SO, nice truck..)

BMW CCA & CC Member
E-Mail: rkao@domain.elided