re: Tax-collector-in cute-uniform

Hello BMW Experts!       John F. asks the following:

<I am just curious...why do people think the only thing that police do is
<write speeding tickets?  I mean isn't blaming the cop for nabbing you for
<speeding (just a momentary lapse in judgement) , akin to Bill Clinton
<blaming republicans for his problems with "improper relationships"? (also
<momentary lapse in judgement)
     I say: Who blamed the cops(although a ticketing slow-down, work
protest
would be nice)?  I didn't say (to the digest) that I wasn't speeding,
rather
that I don't want my clean, safe record blemished in order to fatten some
over-bearing corporate entity.
     Remember, it is our right to break the law, and be punished to a
reasonable
degree.  What I (and Bubba Bill) don't like is to be prosecuted for doing
some-
thing (most) many do, something within the general publics' opinion of OK
behavior,
(given the alternatives, like wasting tax-payer money for dubious
enforcement!).
It's like this: My mother bugs me about speeding, but watch her when she is

late for work!  When she borrowed my uncle's MB, she topped 80 no prob.
But
she needs the speed limits for OTHER people!  85% of the people can't be
wrong,
right?  Or is it 15% of the people can't be suicidal?  Lets ask the
politicians!
     People vote with their feet, (Bubba Bill also votes with a body part),
 and
not many go the speed limit on the NY thruway.  I have a slightly better
car than
most, and the nut behind the wheel (gag) has been shown to be pretty safe.

     I want the cops to go and chase criminals, not people who drive
safely,
but fast.  What percent of time do police spend on tax collecting, anyway?
(answer: too much).  But, pity the poor cop; his boss is a politician!
     Now, when Bubba Bill messes up the government like congress is now
doing,
by wasting so much time on petty crap that they can't finish their work but

instead have to pass a continuing resolution....
                         Murf      BMWCCA 79550
'87 328is w/15" BBS & ZR tires; Koni Yellows; M3 sway bars; new rotors &
pads:
          90 mph feels like a crawl!