Reply: Badges

Paul, re:

>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:02:24 -0700
>From: paul <pault77@domain.elided>
>Subject: 318 badge
>
>hi,
>
>my friend's 318 badge got ripped off last night, and just wondering if
>anyone is selling their badge, if not, wheres the cheapest place to get it.
>
>thanks
>
>paul

Badges?  We don't got no badges.  We don't need no badges.  WE DON'T
GOT TO SHOW YOU ANY STINKING BADGES!

Have your friend take the car to a body shop, fill in the little holes and
paint the deck lid (or just touch up the filled-in holes, if the car isn't in
pristine condition already).  Let everyone wonder what the car is!  Make
them think it is something else.  That's probably what the thief is doing
with your friend's old badge.  Have some fun with this!

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid (but the badge doesn't say all that  - where would I
get a "hybrid" badge, anyway?