Need Laser Ticket Help!(NYS)

Hello BMW Experts!       The tax-man-in-a-cute-uniform got me on the NYS
Thruway this last Saturday with his laser gun.  As I was just getting past
a big truck, my detector went off.  I gave a good stab at my brakes, but
the tax man pointed his finger at me.  Said he clocked me at 82 mph.  He
didn't want to discuss the situation.  This was on the NYS Thruway,
northbound, about 2-3 miles south of Saugerties, just after cresting a
small hill, and going under an overpass.      Can anyone offer advise on
fighting this intrusion onto my safe driving record?  About a month ago,
someone posted about sending in a little more $ than penalized for, and
that way keeping the summons off my insurance record.  Any help will be
greatly appreciated!
                              Murf '87 328is  BMWCCA 79550