Re: <E36> climate controls

>> It's not really an option, but was phased into regular production in the 95
>> model year.  I remember someone (John F.?) posting some numbers for a retro
>> kit once.  I believe the price was somewhere in the $2000 range from BMW.

>No, I was not the one who posted part numbers.  I know there are
>kits costing about that much to add an air conditioner to a car that
>did not come with one.  The last couple years A/C has become a popular
>option in Germany and the great majority of used cars don't have it,
>at least up north.

Actually, I think i was the one who posted the part numbers for the kit,
here is the info:

Automatic Climate Control:
Install Kit: 64509403977
Wiring Harness 64519401994
Wiring Harness 61129402715
Wiring Harness 61129410406
Wiring Harness 61129401695
Adds digital climate control to cars that did not come equipped with it in
the first place. I think this also adds a number of timed ventilation
controls that the US spec cars do not come with (but John Firestone can help
you add). Only really usefull if you REALLY REALLY want digital control.
Sort of cool, but at around US$2200 for parts, you better be an air
conditioning junkie