Re: Money to Spend

Kurt Zimmerman wrote

> Oh, let me jump on this band wagon!  Having completed my first school and
> clearly realizing that I am no where near pushing the limits of my car
> here are my next expenditures.

> 1. Caliper rebuild kits -- safety (make sure those brakes are working properly)

If you feel a rebuild is necessary , by all means. But, add a set of track pads
and ATE Super Blue to that order also.

> 3. Harnesses -- safety again

Consider this only if you have a rollbar/cage. I MIGHT consider a 4 point
system (Schroth) for the track without a rollbar, but definitely not any
system with a sub belt. I run 6 point harnesses, but did not do so until
I had a rollbar.

> 4. Fee for next driving school.

Good idea

> 5. BFGR1's

Consider running streets for your first few events. They talk back to you
much better than R1's. You're better off learning to drive a slow, under-
tired car at first anyway. You'll learn to drive smooth and smooth is quicker
in the long run.

> 6. Fee for next driving school

Better idea.

7. Fee for next driving school

Your best idea.

> Until I'm sure I'm getting all I can out of the car.  Then maybe I'll start
> looking at more upgrades.

Spoken like a true track junkie.

Rich Beebe
NCC