Redoing the interior door covering

My 535 is suffering from the older hot-weather car syndrome of shrinking door
coverings on the inside, forcing the vinyl perforated panels loose for the
middle of the door.

This was covered a while back here, and I apologize for the repetition. The
drill went like this:
1. Remove center panel entirely;
2. Soften vinyl with hot-air dryer such as the type John Travolta used in
"Saturday Night fever";
3. Cut a very small, inconspicuous slit at a point where the center panel will
recover;
4. Somehow smear around glue underneath vinyl and replace panel.

Question: What kind of glue is best for this? i'd prefer not to have it look
worse and not to redo the thing in a year. I also recall some mention of using
a syringe for the purpose, but don't have any lying around.

Any details on this would be appreciated.

Blake
89 535 i(s) Dinaned, RD springs & Bilsteins, big Brembos, 17" OZ, ss header
and exhaust, and... the a/c works
93 525 i a/c works too